Week 2Customer Personas
I wanted to give you some more guidance with your homework item of creating your customer avatar...
The goal here is to create a fictional person that all your content can speak to. Tim Ferriss has said that when he wrote the 4 Hour Work Week, he wrote that book as if it were a GIANT email to a specific friend of his.
Recently, I talked with Amy Landino about her super successful YouTube channel, and she kept bringing up "Charlotte" – the person she "speaks" to in each of her videos.
You want to create the same for your content. Questions to ask yourself:
- Male or female?
- What age-ish?
- What do you know about them socioeconomically?
- What's going on in their lives as it relates to your topics?
- Where is their mindset? Are they confident, worried, etc.?
- What are they thinking/wanting/insecure about that you can help with?
- What is their family life like?
- What are their goals for the next 5 years?
It may be easiest to build this persona around one of your existing clients or friends. I built my customer avatar for Freelancing School around an actual student (attached).
Week 3Platform and Content Strategy
This week we'll use our time to go around the group and taking time to:
- Share your avatar
Click here for the Platform and Content Strategy presentation
Week 4Intro to Keyword Research and SEO
This week I wanted to cover at a basic level how search engine rankings work.
This video will show you how to identify keywords worth targeting and how to think about keyword competition.
- You want to think first of topics your avatar cares about
- Use a keyword research tool to find keywords or phrases related to those topics
- Choose keywords or phrases that are low competition and also have some search volume
Next week I'll cover more about actually creating content based upon those keywords.